Filed under: Czech Republic, SAAB, Sweden, Syndicated Industry News
Filed under: China, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Israel, South Africa, Syndicated Industry News
Filed under: BAE Systems, Business Line, Companies, Countries, Czech Republic, Events, Industry Analysis, logistics, production program, Promotions, Trade Shows and Events
Insurgent threats in operational theatres are continuing to diversify. Without an effective munitions management and procurement strategy the ability of our forces to fight the irregular warfare battle will become diminished.
Land Munition Solutions 2009 will bring together over 200 leading military, government and industry experts in the munitions field to discuss and debate the key issues facing the munitions industry today, such as:
• What effect have current operations had on our munitions acquisition and management strategy?
• What are the urgent operational requirements and what is affordable?
• A detailed examination of insensitive munitions
• How is the target set changing in operational theatres and its effect on current stockpiles?
• What future solutions will increase lethality yet reduce collateral damage?
We are honoured to present a distinguished speaker panel, brought from across the world. Their presence along with that of the assembled delegation of senior level military and industry attendees will ensure 3 days of unparalleled learning and networking opportunities.
Here from speakers including:
• Jyuji Hewitt, Deputy Commander, US Army Joint Munitions Command, USA
• Dr Joseph Lannon, Director, Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC), USA
• Dr Helmut Muthig, President & CEO, TDW Gesellschaft für verteidigungstechnische Wirksysteme mbH and Vice President for Germany of the Insensitive Munition European Manufacturers Group (IMEMG), Germany
• Lieutenant Colonel Michael Koehler, In-Service Manager Army Ammunition, German Army Office, Bundeswehr, Germany
Land Munition Solutions will be the only place to discuss and understand the latest munitions developments, meet with the key procurement personnel and see the latest solutions being developed by industry.
Please visit www.land-munitions.com for full programme and speaker updates. Please quote LMS DPN
Sponsor: BAE Systems
Filed under: Contract Awards, Czech Republic, production program, Restructuring, Seyr Daimler Puch
According to this article in ceskenoviny.cz the Czech government will renegotiate the terms of the APC contract that they canceled recently. See this related post. They are retesting the vehicles made by Steyr in Austria, and then will announce a decision. It also sounds like they are reducing the quantity. The Czech-Slovak split probably left both new countries with a motley collection of Soviet and Czech made equipment. I know recently the Czech government sent some Mi-24 and Mi-17 helicopters to Afghanistan for that country’s use.
Filed under: Contract Awards, Czech Republic, General Dynamics, production program, Seyr Daimler Puch
The new Czech government had cancelled a contract with Austrian based Steyr Daimler Puch for armored vehicles due to the General Dynamics subsidiary’s problems with schedule and performance. The government has now decided to allow more negotiations on this contract. See CNNMoney.com for more information here.
According to this Russian news agency various Czech companies are trying to win some work in the construction of the planned US radar in the Czech Republic for missile defense. The article is here. There is no real detail and is not sourced very well. The article also expresses the official Russian government view of not wanting the radar there.